1. When do I apply for admission?
Ans: Students can start registering themselves before intermediate examination and result; the admission process starts from last week of February of every academic session.
2. How to register and from where do I get the application?
Ans: You can apply online through the Admissions/Online Registration page ‘or’ you may visit the admission offices nearer to you in your country.
3. What are the eligibility requirements for admission?
Ans: You must have passed your last academic with 50% aggregate. You can visit the admission eligibility detail on our website
4. In addition to Admission Letter and Testimonials, is there any other formality I have to complete at the time of Registration?
Ans: On arrival and completion of the registration process, all International students have to get themselves medically examined in GIET Dispensary and visit their respective department for syllabus, time table and for attending the classes.
5. Do I have to pay any fees at the time of Registration?
Ans: Yes, if you have not paid your Tuition Fee and Hostel/Mess Fee. You have to deposit all the unpaid fees at the time of Registration. Please carry your original receipts of payment of fees if already paid. There is a minimum charge for every semester registration.
6. Where can I deposit fees after coming to University?
Ans: Fees can be deposited in the Accounts Department which is located in the Administrative Block of the University. You can pay through RTGS/ NEFT/ Google pay/ Phone pay ‘or’ Demand Draft in favour of the GIET University. No cash is to be collected
7. Do you have any online course at your University?
Ans: All the courses are on regular basis. There is no distance mode course available in GIETU.
8. How are the teachers in the University?
Ans: The teachers are very well qualified and dedicated. Among 300+ Teachers, most of them are PhD degree holders.
9. What is the medium of instruction in the class?
Ans: The medium instructions in class are English only
10. How the hostel rooms are allotted?
Ans: Hostel rooms are allotted on first-cum-first basis and availability of the room, subject to hostel fee has been paid.
11. What type of hostel accommodation do you provide to students?
Ans: Hostel accommodation is available with 3 member room. A Central Mess is operated for all students with a separate menu for veg and non-veg provisions. We have separate hostels for Boys and Girls. GIETU also has in-campus Boy’s hostel for international students.
12. How do I do my laundry?
Ans: A laundryman is coming to the hostels, you can contact them thorough SWO/Caretaker.
13. To whom I have to report regarding any problems found in the Hostel?
Ans: You can inform the Hostel warden/Student welfare officer about the problems you are facing in the hostel, and at the same time inform to International Student Affair Cell, the problem faced by you are following up.
14. How does GIET University cater to the security of the students?
Ans: Entire campus including hostels, residential areas, parking and academic areas are very well secured through 24×7 hours in-house security guards. C.C.T.V. cameras have been installed at strategic places to keep a close vigilance in the campus. GIETU is famous for its highly disciplinary Institution for Girl students.
15. Do you have internet facilities at the campus/ hostel?
Ans: Yes, the entire campus and all hostels are connected well connected through wi-fi.
16. Does the university have any student’s club?
Ans: Yes, GIETU has 30+ various technical, cultural and social clubs for garnishing the talent of the student’s besides curriculum.
17. Are books provided to students from the university?
Ans: Yes, the Knowledge Center (State-of-the-art Library) located in campus premises of the GIET University, please consult the Librarian for more details.
18. What should I do if I want to change my course?
Ans: You have to write an application indicating your new course to Head of International Student Affair Cell within three days of arrival. They will evaluate your request and if acceptable, will cancel the old one and re-issue a new Admission Letter and process other necessary formalities. Changes of course after final admission are not permitted. You have to follow the rule of the University to change of your course.
19. How can I check my result, academic details and account details?
Ans: All results are available on website http://www.gandhionline.in/bete-portal/ to Click on “Student Login” and enter your login credentials which will be shared at the time you register in International Student Affair Cell. You can consult with ISAC for your queries.
20. How do I open a bank account in any Indian Bank?
Ans: International Student Affair Cell will help and assist you in opening your bank account. You need to bring the following documents:
21. When do we receive our University ID card?
Ans: It will take 3 days after your Registration, and it will be issued from the Central Library.
22. What should I do if my ID card is damaged or stolen?
Ans: You will have to pay some fine decided by the library and New ID card will be issued after 3 days of submission of payment for a new ID card.
23. What should I do if there is some mistake in my ID card?
Ans: Write an application indicating correction(s) needed in the card and submit it in the central library. A fresh ID card will be issued after 3 days of submission of application.
24. Are there any placement opportunities provided to the students?
Ans: Yes, GIETU is famous for excellent Placement support to the students. The students attending all classes and PPT classes regularly are getting their placement. We are happy to share that, GIETU is awarded the best University in Eastern India for Students Placement.
25. How are the Research & Development facilities in the University?
Ans: GIETU has 15 R&D centre’s in various advanced technical areas. It is a great opportunity for students to have R&D exposure both at the UG and PG level.
26. What are the scholarship schemes available for international students?
Ans: The management scholarships are available for a meritorious student. State toppers and toppers of class 12th also considered for scholarships. For more details, you may consult with the admission office/admission in-charge.
27. Are there any sports and entertainment facilities available for Students?
Ans: Yes, all sports facilities like Volley Ball, Foot Ball, Basket Ball, Cricket, Badminton, Table Tennis, Gymnasium, Swimming pool and a Cine Theater is available for students. Apart from that different clubs are there for student’s participation.
28. Where is Gunupur located?
Ans: Gunupur is the sub-divisional headquarter of Rayagada District, Odisha. It is 350 Km from Bhubaneswar (The capital city of Odisha). Gunupur is directly connected to Bhubaneswar by rail and road. The nearest airport is Visakhapatnam; it’s 180 KM from Gunupur.
29. How to reach Gunupur by Bus, Train and Air?
Ans: Gunupur is well connected by Bus and Train from Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha. Bhubaneswar is connected to all places in India by Bus, Train and Air. You will be guided us before travelling to campus.