GIETU has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with the presence of students from various countries. The University takes pride in the fact that it can provide quality higher education on par with international standards. GIET University is the first-choice institution for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Foreign Nationals (FN), Person of Indian Origins (PIO), and “Children of Indian Worker in Gulf Countries.”
Since 2002, students of FN, PIO, and “Children of Indian Worker in the Gulf Countries” have enrolled at GIETU. GIETU is a community that values cultural diversity within the campus. Students of different countries who share different religious beliefs, cultures, and socio-economic backgrounds are treated with love and respect at the University.
We encourage students and their guardians to verify their seniors’ facts before taking admissions in their respective courses. Parents, students, and consultants from different countries like Nepal, Bhutan, Sudan, Vietnam visited our campus before confirming their students’ admission (since 2008 batch). More than 250 students from different countries enrolled in the University, and many have also passed out from our University.
The reasons why so many international students have selected GIETU to further their studies are because of its discipline, safety and security Besides being a cosmopolitan and safe campus, the University continuously upgrades its academic offerings to meet the evolving demands of the global workforce. The curriculum is designed and upgraded in such a manner that all industry standards are met.
- “NRI”: Non-Resident Indian as per the definition given in section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961. Overseas Indians, officially known as non-resident Indians(NRIs) or persons of Indian origin (PIOs), are people of Indian birth, descent or origin who live outside the Republic of India.
- “NRI Candidates” means a candidate who is a child/ward of the person who has been NRI status as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
- “Foreign Nationals” Citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO. A foreign nationalis any person who is not a national of a particular country.
- “PIO” As per the Gazette of India (Part-I, Section-I) published on 09.01.2015, all the existing Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholder registered as such under new PIO Card scheme 2002, shall be deemed to be Overseas Citizens of India Cardholder.
- “Foreign Student” in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses a Foreign Passport. International students, or foreign students, are studentswho chose to undertake all or part of their tertiary education in a country other than their own and move to that country to study.
- “Children of Indian Worker’s in the Gulf Countries”: The children of an Indian who is working in Gulf Countries under relevant working visa. CIWG stands for Children of Indian Workersin Gulf Countries. CIWG is a scheme generated by the Ministry of India for the children of Indian expatriates in the Gulf countries looking for admissions into premier Indian Institutes through the DASA scheme.
Why Choose GIET University?
- GIET University is one of the India’s best universities, nestled in the beautiful foothills of eastern India, Odisha.
- 24 years of Educational Establishment
- The Biggest Campus and Hostels with 4000+ students.
- Safe, secured and ragging free environment
- Highest no. Of programs at UG, PG and doctoral levels.
- 300+ eminent faculty members
- Wi-Fi enabled Campus
- Hi-tech Library, Class Rooms and Computer Labs
- Ultra modern gymnasium and Swimming Pool
- Sports facilities like basketball, badminton, football and cricket.
- State of Art Skill Lab for the English Language.