GIET University recognized as Atal Community Innovation Center by NITI Aayog
Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology University (GIETU),Gunupur is the single university in eastern Indian got the approval for establishment of ACIC () in its campus, which will foster entrepreneurship and serve start-up businesses through exploration, support and scale up innovations, mentor and nurture ideas, incubate and accelerate startups designed to create jobs and generate innovative solutions relevant to the local and global problems. The ACIC would attract a large number of youth to work on new technology and provide a platform for faster experimentation to enable translation of their innovative ideas into prototypes. It would work towards building a vibrant innovation ecosystem, by establishing a network between innovators, academia, mentors and incubators.
- Cultivate entrepreneurship in the region and in the community
- To create jobs, wealth and business aligned with national priorities
- To provide support in preparation of the business proposals for technology based products and solutions.
- Organize workshops and training programs on entrepreneurship at pre-incubation stage.
- Assist in the process of identifying technologies/innovations which have commercial potential and aid in their successful development through technology and idea validation.
- Incubate early stage entrepreneurial ventures based on technology and innovation.
- To build a vibrant startup ecosystem, by providing physical infrastructure and support systems necessary for business incubation activities.
- Establish a network between academia, financial institutions, industries and other institutions.
- Provide experimental learning opportunities and internships for students and faculty that will complement programs on campus by creating a vibrant eco system, establishing a wide network between academia, bankers, industries and others
- Create jobs for graduating students and alumni.
- Expand the opportunities for GIETU to partner and engage with the community.
- To provide cost effective, value added services to startups like mentoring, legal, financial, technical, intellectual property related services
- To enhance the pipeline in terms of quality and quantity of innovative startups to the incubators.
- Facilitate networking with potential advisors, which include mentors, experts, consultants & advisors