In tune with Vision and Mission, the GIET-University has dedicated to the service of the society and the country, specifically in the broad areas of Management, Science and Technological development. Its main focus is on quality knowledge to prepare the students to cope up with the current needs of the industry and society at large.
Boards of Studies of all schools have been constituted separately involving as many as 150 experts from Premier institutions like IIT’s,/NIT’s / Central universities, Defense Research and other renowned establishments, Industry, with an objective of revising and updating the syllabi of all existing UG, PG courses and Pre-Ph.D, as well as framing curriculum for the new courses and programmes in line with model curriculum of AICTE and UGC guide lines. The revised curriculum has imbibed the necessary skills needed for the technical and overall improvement of the knowledge base of the students to make them adaptable for the fast changing needs of the employment and industrial requirements.
Best Practices in our academics to improve the quality and standards:
- Special focus is being given to Social Skills and Environment awareness in the curriculum that will help the students to adequately meet the demands of today’s world of work.
- Active involvement of teachers and student in Learning & Research activities
- Student progression and success rates are consistent
- Teacher-student ratio is commendable
- Tracking graduates’ employment by training and placement cell
- Available learning resources, learning opportunities by way of
(e.g., Library 24/7 Internships, soft skills, value added courses, international conferences, workshops, projects , traineeships etc)
- Information on alumni employment
- Effective monitoring, evaluating and improving learning resources
- International collaboration degree programs, under double degree cooperation, by transferring credits from GIETU.
- Support of learning facilities (language labs, musical instruments, e-material used for classes
- Faculty support in the form of tutors, proctors and other advisers