Approvals & Recognitions
The list of Affiliations / Approvals / Recognitions / Accreditations of the School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University are as follows:
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is recognised as Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO) by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) under the Scheme on Recognition of Scientific and Industrial Research Organisations (SIROs). The SIROs have an objective of undertaking scientific research in a well-defined and time-bound manner. This recognition will entitle GIET University to receive administrative support from the DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology which will promote scientific research activities at university.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is an affiliate member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), which is a multidisciplinary professional engineering institution based in London, England. The IET represents the engineering profession in matters of public concern and assists governments to make the public aware of engineering and technology issues.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University has been placed amongst the league of top engineering institutions across the country by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). This framework launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development; Government of India outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country based on certain parameters.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is approved and recognised by the All-India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The AICTE is a national-level apex advisory body that conducts a survey on the facilities available for technical education and aims to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC), a statutory body of the Government of India for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of university education in India, under section 2 (f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The AIU is the national level body of universities in the country that promote university activities especially by way of sharing information and co-operation in the field of education, culture, sports and allied areas and recognized to grant equivalency of degrees awarded by foreign universities.
- The School of Engineering and Technology, GIET University is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The NBA evaluates programs of technical institutes based on laid down norms. This includes infrastructure facilities, quality of teaching and learning, curriculum design and review, support services like laboratory, library, computer facility among others.