GIET is emerging as one of the first choice Institute for NRIs, Foreign Nationals (FN) and Person of Indian Origins (PIO) to have their wards in gentle, caring and academic atmosphere on the campus. Since 2004, more than 100 students under this quota from Countries such as Nepal and Bhutan got themselves enrolled at the Institute.
Admission Rules and Procedure for FN / PIO / Gulf and NRI students
" "NRI": Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961.
" "NRI Candidates" means a candidate who is a child / ward of the person who has been NRI status as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
" "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) means persons who are citizen of other countries (expect Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or that person or either of his / her parents or any of his / her grand parents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitutions of India or Sec (2) of Citizenship Act, 1955 (Act No. 57 of 1955).
" Foreign Nationals' Citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO.
" Foreign Student' in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses a Foreign Passport.
" "Children of Indian Worker in the Gulf Countries": The children of an Indian who is working in Gulf Countries under relevant working visa.
The following eligibility criteria is applicable to this quota i.e. NRI / FN / PIO / Gulf NRIs quota.
Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Std. XII) examination of State Board / CBSE / ICSE or its equivalent examination of respective country with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and secured minimum 50% marks in the subjects as aggregate.
The Candidates should be admitted under 15% supplementary quota which is over and above sanctioned intake, is approved by AICTE and every year formal approval for extension is sought since first approval in 2004.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission
1. 10th / SSC / HSC Class / 'O' level or Equivalent pass certificate & Mark sheet
2. +2 / HSSC / Std. XII / 'A' level or Equivalent Examination Pass Certificate & Mark sheet
3. Citizen ship / Pass port of Student and Parent / Nationality Certificate
4. Migration Certificate
5. College / School Leaving Certificate / Transfer Certificate
6. Character / Conduct Certificate
7. 6 Nos Pass port size Colour Photo of the Student
8. 2 sets of Xerox copies of all from sl. No. 1 to 6
9. Affidavit of Parents of the student (forms to be obtained by sending email).